This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please see my full disclosure statement.
Wait. February’s over? How did that happen?
I’ve been continuing with my Elite Blog Academy work, though life and snow have been getting in the way a bit. My goal for the month was to establish the habit of doing something for my blog every day, no matter what, and I’m happy to say I did it!
Most days I find I can’t wait to sit down and write. It’s exciting to find my voice and have people respond in such a positive way.
I’ve made some changes to the look of the site (for the better, I hope) as well as updating some content. I tried out a weekly series called Photo Friday, that isn’t going to make the cut. I liked writing it, but it didn’t really fit with the theme of the site, my goals, or what my readers are looking for. I may or may not bring it back as a monthly series, but only if I can find a way to make it work.
Lots of things! In March my focus is going to be on growing my Pinterest referrals and my e-mail list. I’m trying to go back over my old posts and update the images so they are consistent and eye-popping. PicMonkey is my new favorite toy! I recently upgraded to a Royal account (it’s only $33 for the year), but the free version is pretty awesome, too.
In March I’ll be implementing my first sign-up incentive and I’m excited to see how that goes.
I’m floating the idea of starting a weekly link-up in April, but I’m still working out how to make it unique.
- I’m up to 126 Facebook followers!
- My numbers are going up across the board. What I used to consider a good day is now just okay, or even disappointing.
- Along similar lines, I’m seeing that a handful of referrals are coming from blog organizer pages, like Feedly and Bloglovin
- Friends and family members are regularly talking about what they read – and they like it! I was very nervous about sharing my blog with friends, the feedback I’m getting is a big motivator.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
2. Post a link to the link party each month, link back to this page.
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!
[inlinkz_linkup id=498254 mode=1]