This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please see my full disclosure statement.
I will be the first to admit that I lost a bit of focus in June. My “real job” kind of got in the way for a while.
Also, it seems that June is a slow time for blogs. Darn that fresh air, drawing everyone away from their computers! That said, I’m still pretty pleased with how CMH performed. One of my older posts, Why I Failed At Direct Sales, made a comeback and drew a lot of interest. It brought up an interesting question. Because of the nature of the post, I found that many people posted comments that were basically trying to recruit people to their direct sales team. I deleted spammy comments, and considered putting a note at the end of the post requesting that people not do that.
My question to you is: Should I put a note, or just roll with it?
But I’ve saved the REALLY BIG NEWS for last. Drumroll, please…
The Grow My Blog Challenge has a new cohost! I’m so excited to be working with Sheena from sheenalynnanderson.com to help more bloggers see measurable progress on their goals.
In July I will be playing a lot of catch up. I prefer to be ahead on my posts by a couple of weeks and I’m soooooo not right now. I also want to go back to my old posts (from before I started the Elite Blog Academy) and rewrite them so they fit and meet my current post expectations.
Also, Sheena and I want to do more outreach to bloggers who are trying to grow, no matter what stage of blogging they’re in. Please spread the word to any bloggers you know!
- Obviously, I’m super excited about joining up with Sheena.
- Boardbooster has been doing fantastic things for my blog! My Pinterest traffic has gone gangbusters and I’m confident that it’s the reason my numbers stayed up this month.
- Way Back Wednesday is starting to grow – though I’ll admit it’s slow going – and I’m starting to see some regulars. It’s fantastic to feel like I’m getting to know people through their posts.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!
[inlinkz_linkup id=538582 mode=1]