You know when you have a perfectly good recipe ready to go for an event, then at the last minute you have a stroke of genius? Well, that’s what happened to me today. I knew I was going to use a kielbasa recipe for our Christmas party, but I thought the recipe was… lacking.
So what does a girl do when her recipe is blah? Add beer.
Yep. You read that right.
The best part is that because this recipe uses crock pot, it’s not only delicious, it’s ridiculously easy.
- 4 packages kielbasa (your favorite flavor)
- 8 fl oz Guiness
- 1 lb dark brown sugar
- Cut the kielbasa into bite-sized pieces. Cutting on an angle gives more flavor in each bite. Place kielbasa into a 5-6 quart crock pot.
- Pour in the Guinness, top with brown sugar.
- Cook on low for 4 hours. You may want to stir everything up after about an hour, but it's not necessary.
- Serve hot and wait for everyone to ask you for the recipe.
Seriously. That’s it. Easy, delicious, and a crowd pleaser!