Well, they can’t all be winners, right? September was the first month of my blogging journey in which I did not see any growth in page views. I’ll admit, it stings. I think I put out good content, I posted and shared that content more than usual… but still. No bueno.
I’ve been trying to analyze my numbers and figure out why I wasn’t seeing growth. What I discovered is that I was seeing growth in a lot of ways, just not my page views. I gained a fairly significant number of followers on all my social media accounts, which is a great thing!
I’m not sure why my page views shrunk as much as they did, but I’m not going to let it get me down. I’m going to focus on the positive, keep putting out great content, and be patient.
One change I’m making is to switch from BoardBooster to Tailwind. Since BoardBooster is not an approved Pinterest partner, I think my numbers are being hurt by Pinterest’s sorting algorithm. It’s going to take more of my time, but I believe it will be worth it. After all, what’s the point in sharing content if it’s going to get buried way down in people’s feeds?
Another exciting piece of news is that, starting in October, I’ll be a monthly contributor to Busy Mommy Media! I’m really looking forward to this new adventure and I hope you all will check out the site, too.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog and turn it into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate?
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
<!– start InLinkz script –>
<div class=’InLinkzContainer’ id=’567559′ >
<a rel=’nofollow’ href=”http://new.inlinkz.com/view.php?id=567559″ title=”click to view in an external page.”>An InLinkz Link-up</a></div>
<!– end InLinkz script –>
3. Invite other bloggers to join up!
4. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
5. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
6. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!