This post may contain affiliate links. For more information please see my full disclosure statement.
If you’re like me, you have a whole host of main dishes up your sleeve to whip up on any given night. Where I lose all inspiration is on the side dishes. It’s kind of a let down to enjoy a delicious cut of steak or juicy piece of chicken and then be stuck with the same old sides… rice, baked potato… blah, blah, blah.
One night I was making chicken drumsticks in my Instant Pot and decided that I had enough time to do something better than the same old thing. I grabbed some potatoes and the spice mix I’d made for the chicken and had a go.
Now, you may or may not know this, but potatoes hate me. No matter what I do they always come out undercooked and we’re left with a dish that’s crunchy for all the wrong reasons. This recipe, however, comes out perfectly every time!
Once I diced up the potatoes, making sure that each piece was about the same size so they cook evenly, I tossed in a couple tsp of the spice mix and tossed everything to get every piece coated with spice. I was just about to put them in the baking pan when I decided I really wanted crunchy potatoes. Hmmm. What to do?
Parmesan cheese, of course!
I grabbed the cheese from the fridge, added half a cup to the bowl, and tossed again. I’ve got to be honest, I wasn’t sure that I had enough cheese, but I thought I’d give it a try. I could always add more next time, right? There was no need. This recipe came out absolutely perfectly! The potatoes were cooked well, nice and crispy and you got all the flavor of the spices with every bite.
So if you’re looking for a new recipe to serve to your family or friends, I highly recommend Spicy Parmesan Roast Potatoes.
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 tsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Ground Thyme
- 1/8 tsp Ground Mustard
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2-3 lbs Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400
- In a small bowl, mix all the spices together. You'll need 2-3 tsp for this recipe, the rest you can save for another day or a different recipe.
- Peel and chop the potatoes, making each piece approximately a 1" cube.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl, sprinkle with 2-3 tsp spices, tossing or turning until each piece has spice on it. Then add in the Parmesan cheese, tossing to coat.
- Spray a large baking pan with cooking spray, then spread the potatoes evenly across the surface. Try to make sure no pieces are touching.
- Bake at 400 for 30 minutes.