Below are the current categories and sub-categories on the site. Posts should be able to easily fit into one or more of these categories. Articles shared should be real, authentic parenting stories, with an aim towards creating a better life for ourselves and our kids. We want to know your struggles, your triumphs and everything in between. Make us laugh. Make us cry. Make us relate!
Expectations for Guest Posters
- Posts should be 500-1000 words in length. Some long-form posts my be accepted if the subject calls for it and all parties agree.
- Posts must include a large, high-quality image. CMH will use the image to create shareable images with text for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and other social media networks.
- You may include in-text links to other posts, blogs, resources, etc. Affiliate links are not permitted and will be removed. All links must be “no follow”.
- Publication dates will be set once your post is submitted and accepted.
- Posts will be proofread and edited as needed. No major changes will be made without consulting the author.
- Contributors are expected to share the post with their audience via social media, Pinterest, and their blog (if applicable).
- Submit a brief bio that includes your blog address and links to your social media. Head shots are also permitted if you’d like one to be included.
- At this time CMH is not able to pay for guest posts.
Are you interested in becoming a regular contributor to Creating My Happiness?
Contributors are writers who publish on a regular schedule – monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly. Please indicate your interest on the Guest Post Idea submission form. Expectations for contributors are the same as for guest posters with the following exceptions:
- Contributors will be given their own username and password for the back end of the CMH site. Posts will be entered directly by you.
- You will be responsible for writing social media and meta descriptions for your posts.
- Post graphics must be created by the contributor, in the style of CMH.
- Contributors will receive compensation of up to 10% of CMH ad revenue, dependent on the frequency of published posts.