When I first started my blog it had a different purpose. I originally intended it to be a vehicle for my home-based business with some family things thrown in for good measure. Unfortunately, I discovered my business wasn’t a good fit for my life and writing for just my family was… well, I wasn’t very motivated. I put out a few DIY projects I had done and a few friends told me they liked them, and honestly I liked writing them. So I started looking into writing a “real blog” (whatever that means), edited my content so only things that might appeal to a broader audience were published, and started writing with a new purpose. I just knew everyone would flock to my blog.
Except they didn’t.
The internet is huge and there’s a ton of blogs out there. It’s easy to get lost in all the noise.
So I started doing a little research and I discovered Ruth Soukup‘s book and Elite Blog Academy were both highly recommended by lots of bloggers I love. After reading the book How to Blog for Profit (Without Selling Your Soul), I knew I had to sign up for the academy. I’ll start going through the courses after the new year and hope to see a big improvement in my traffic and income.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Bear with me, because my starting numbers are flat out depressing. Here’s the stats for the month of December:
Views – 597
Visitors – 362
Posts Liked – 6
Comments – 5
Income – $2.00
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
2. Post a link to the link party each month, link back to this page.
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.