With all the options out there, it can be easy to forget that sometimes the classic meals are the best. I love this baked chicken not only because it’s easy, but because it always satisfies – and even my daughter will eat it!
If you can, let the chicken sit in a little bit of olive oil for a few hours before cooking. You can even toss it in a bag with the chicken while it defrosts.
Spritz the bottom of a Large Baker with olive oil and place the chicken thighs in the bottom, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper, then flip and season again. The large baker is truly large so there should be plenty of space left.
Fill in the gaps with pieces of potato and baby carrots, mist with olive oil. A kitchen mister is awesome for this – use any oil to customize your flavor and make healthier choices. Sprinkle the remaining seasoning over the top.
Bake everything for an hour and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- 1-1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs
- 4 small russet potatoes
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- Marinate chicken in a gallon freezer bag for 30 minutes to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place chicken in large baker, skin side down. Season with salt and pepper, flip and season with salt and pepper.
- Add potatoes and carrots to pan. Mist with olive oil and top with garlic, onion powder, and thyme.
- Bake for one hour, rest for 5 minutes before serving.