July was one of those “blink and you miss it” months. We had a lot of family around for the month and my daughter was in half-day summer camp, which was not as helpful, blog-wise, as I thought it would be. It seemed like as soon as I dropped her off I had to turn around and go pick her up. But, she loved it, so even though I’m not ahead on my blog at all, I’ll call it a win.
I was a little disappointed with my blog performance in July. My total page views grew, but my daily average shrunk. So basically, the only reason my page views went up is because there’s an extra day in July. Bummer.
However, there are a lot of positives about July, so let’s focus on those! First, I found a few more Facebook groups and have found a lot of support and ideas from them. One of the tough things about blogging is that you’re doing it on your own, so finding people who can help or offer feedback is important.
I also revamped the My Story page. Now it reflects more of where I am in my journey and it’s a bit… well, happier!
My most popular post this month: How to Create an Awesome Play Area for Less Than You Think
In August I’m hoping to really kick up my social media following (Pinterest, Facebook, and Twitter… hint, hint)! I also have a few posts that need updated graphics – I’ve been saying that for months, but I have a good feeling about August. I think the pressure of school starting again may give me the kick in the pants I need to get going on that.
Lastly, since August looks to be the month I crack 10,000 page views, I’m trying to get a media kit together for potential advertisers. Don’t worry, you won’t suddenly see ads popping up all over. I promise!
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
2. Post a link to the link party each month, link back to this page or .
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!
[inlinkz_linkup id=551677 mode=1]
Linked up at Frugal Friday