Wow, April was an amazing month. I was plugging along, feeling a little down about the small growth I was seeing and then, BAM! My recipe for the Best Chicken Ever went viral and my numbers spiked. At least, I think it went viral… I don’t know if you have to reach a certain number of people to be considered viral, but one day I had about 200 daily page views, the next I had over 2,000.
The craziness died down pretty quickly, but my page views were still up a bit after those couple of days, so I’m calling it a win.
Also April brought the opening of my new link party, Way Back Wednesday. It’s still small, but I’m excited to see where it goes and I’m hoping that the new traffic from my recipe will convert to loyal readers and community members.
In May I’m going to be focusing on implementing my new social media strategy, so you may notice more of my posts out there on the interweb. It would be great if you could share and repin and help a girl out. 🙂
On the 28th I’ll be introducing my new summer series! I’m really excited about it because I think it will not only be fun to do for the blog, but also really good for my family. Stay tuned for the details!
- My first viral post!
- I was doing great at not checking my pageviews obsessively – just in the morning and before I went to bed – until my recipe caught fire… back to the drawing board.
- I signed up for BoardBooster (review post coming soon) and am happy with the results so far.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
2. Post a link to the link party each month, link back to this page.
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!
[inlinkz_linkup id=521983 mode=1]
Would you like to be a cohost of the Grow My Blog Challenge? Contact me at email@example.com for more information!