I was getting a little down in May because my page views weren’t hitting the numbers I saw in April. But I took my own advice about what to do when you feel like giving up and changed my perspective. Last month my numbers were boosted by a quick viral burst on one of my posts (which was great), but when I accounted for that surge in numbers I saw that I was actually doing better overall this month than last… progress! In fact, even without the viral post I had a better month overall.
June brings not only the beginning of summer, but the beginning of summer vacation! This has been a pretty stressful year, so the time off is a welcome reprieve. I’ve got lots of projects in my queue that I can’t wait to share. Mr. O got me a circular saw and hand sander for Mother’s Day (because that’s what his freak wife asked for) and they will be put to good use!
- My Living Intentionally Summer Series is off to a great start. I’m so thrilled there seems to be so much interest in it. I’ve been working on the idea for a while and seeing it become reality is awesome!
- My daily page views are still increasing. Progress is slow, but it’s still progress.
- I’m seeing a great increase in e-mail signups! The summer series and my emergency fund planner seem to be a terrific incentive.
To produce amazing content that will make my blog a must read, and to learn how to promote my blog so that people will actually read it.
Are you a blogger? Do you want to grow your blog this year and turn your blog into a must read? I invite you to participate in the Grow My Blog Challenge. All you have to do is dedicate 1 post per month to the progress your blog has made.
It doesn’t matter how big or small your blog is now. We all write because we are passionate about helping and sharing with others and we all want our message to reach as many people as possible. Give yourself some accountability on whatever measures you want to focus on.
Want to participate? Just join the link-up below! Don’t worry if you didn’t find this until mid-year or after. It’s all about setting goals and personal growth!
1. Dedicate 1 post per month to the challenge. You may include any stats you want to focus on, and you may add/remove information as you learn more.
3. Check out the other blogs in the link-up. My hope is that we become a community of support and encouragement.
4. Do not include freebies, give-aways, or other promotional items in your linked posts.
5. You may offer tips and advice in your post, but you may not include proprietary information. For example, while I participate in the Elite Blog Academy I may refer to it, but I may not write about specific details from the course. The same goes for books, webinars, etc.
It’s never too late to join the challenge!